Sunday, October 17, 2010
Learning process
Learning process
As i grow up, i learn a lot of things and some things in life really taught me to change my perspective. I have learned that:
1. I cant force others to like/dislike the person i love/hate. In love especially, i cant force my family and dear friends to like my partner the way I do. Often, it is a struggle and the only person you have is God the Almighty and u can only keep praying one day everything will change, and it will eventually. Now i realize how hard it is to be in my friend's shoe previously, she was dating a guy that none of the friends like and they got married eventually. And they are happy with each other now. Thats all matters. I mean as a friend, i can voice my concern but i should not repeat the same mistake in the future by trying to enforce my belief on others.Voicing opinion is one thing but enforcing is just way too much..
2. In order to get a good thing, u have to be good too. or at least try and change yourselves to be better.
3. Relationship is about 2 parties of different planets coming together to make it work. Thus, there is no such thing as 'I'or 'U'. It is 'We' that matters.
4. And truly now i am accepting the fact that everything in this world is of God's. We are only given the trust to take care of them while we live.Thus, there is no such thing as my property or yours. We are only borrowed with this luxury for a temporary period of time. I pray for a lot of change in the mindset and cultures of Muslim society and one of them is the marriage. It is hard to get married for most of the Muslim's cultures in the world, u need money, possession, wealth, good education, looks..bla bla bla. People, parents especially are often misguided by the belief that it is their rights to determine the future of their daughters/sons even though in reality, these children are merely thrusts from Allah. It is true that parents are the one responsible to bring these kids up but that is not the reason for them to control them as if they are God.
5. Lastly, i learn that i have a very long and windy road ahead. I don't know whether i can cope but i pray to Allah to give me strength, courage,ease of mind and his blessing in overcoming all the hurdles.As i believe ( I like this one verse from the Quran 3:139)
So lose not heart,
Nor fall into despair,
For you are bound to rise,
If you are true in faith
InsyaAllah..
1. I cant force others to like/dislike the person i love/hate. In love especially, i cant force my family and dear friends to like my partner the way I do. Often, it is a struggle and the only person you have is God the Almighty and u can only keep praying one day everything will change, and it will eventually. Now i realize how hard it is to be in my friend's shoe previously, she was dating a guy that none of the friends like and they got married eventually. And they are happy with each other now. Thats all matters. I mean as a friend, i can voice my concern but i should not repeat the same mistake in the future by trying to enforce my belief on others.Voicing opinion is one thing but enforcing is just way too much..
2. In order to get a good thing, u have to be good too. or at least try and change yourselves to be better.
3. Relationship is about 2 parties of different planets coming together to make it work. Thus, there is no such thing as 'I'or 'U'. It is 'We' that matters.
4. And truly now i am accepting the fact that everything in this world is of God's. We are only given the trust to take care of them while we live.Thus, there is no such thing as my property or yours. We are only borrowed with this luxury for a temporary period of time. I pray for a lot of change in the mindset and cultures of Muslim society and one of them is the marriage. It is hard to get married for most of the Muslim's cultures in the world, u need money, possession, wealth, good education, looks..bla bla bla. People, parents especially are often misguided by the belief that it is their rights to determine the future of their daughters/sons even though in reality, these children are merely thrusts from Allah. It is true that parents are the one responsible to bring these kids up but that is not the reason for them to control them as if they are God.
5. Lastly, i learn that i have a very long and windy road ahead. I don't know whether i can cope but i pray to Allah to give me strength, courage,ease of mind and his blessing in overcoming all the hurdles.As i believe ( I like this one verse from the Quran 3:139)
So lose not heart,
Nor fall into despair,
For you are bound to rise,
If you are true in faith
InsyaAllah..
posted at 12:04 PM