Hello mademoiselle!
welcome to feruz19.blogspot.com, do leave a tag or something .
Female.20ish and in denial :P. Fonds of food, travel, nature, sports, cute babies. Love family and best friends unconditionally.
Sunday, August 06, 2006
insaf

Summer class is almost over and the heat is unbearable. Panas gile siot! Thanks God for the A/C. I feel kind of insaf after what i've seen through this week. Firstly, during my women's health class, there was guest speakers. One of them is wife of Prof Raja Sooriarmurthi (from CIS Department). I was so blown away with Prof Raja and his wife due to their simplicity of life. Although both of them were highly educated, they dressed up just like they are nobody. If you happen to meet them, u will likely think that they are just nobody from Southern India. I still remember the first day of class that i took with Prof Raja. He came in with his bag (dunno how to describe..but its the one yg mcm we bring to mengaji) but the moment he start his lecture, i was struck with awe. Mind the accent but he is really fluent (with the choice of words he's using,man...). I don't think we can see anything like that in Malaysia. From what i've seen, people kat Malaysia ni mostly like to show off skit if they are educated. I know its kind of generalization but I've seen a lot.

Speaking abt showing off,the title datuk or whatever really annoys me. It gets very irritating when people make really big deals about this. So, if he is datuk, so what? Do i have to pray for him or what? Jeez... The title 'Datuk' can't guarantee u heaven,ok.

The other thing that made me feel insaf is the labor process (bersalin). Through this summer, i've been exposed in details abt pregnancy n birth due to classes that i took. So, i get to know abt episiotomy, amniocentesis, epidural n etc. I can imagine how much pain each n every mom had to go through when they gave birth. I got to see video during labor (normal labor) in my psychology class. All i can say is it looks very painful n i'm so scared to death to go through one. Then, i got to see pictures when C-section is performed. One of the guest speaker brought her pic while it is performed. It doesn't look any better than normal labor either. All of these made me appreciate my mom even more. She had to go through hours of labor n still i didn't came out. I was born 2 weeks late than expected and the doctor had to use forceps to deliver me out. All i can say is thank you so much Mak..I know i was such a bad daughter & we never came to agreement on anything we did. I love u Mak.. Without u n Abah, i won't be able to reach this far. Thank you so much... I promise i will be a better person, or daughter perhaps..

posted at 1:08 PM